Chocolate cakes!!! Everyone’s favourite. I once heard someone say that if one didn’t like chocolate, then they couldn’t trust them and I know a lot of people don’t know that these beauties can be prepared at home.
Yes! They can!
Therefore, this article is about making wonderful chocolate cakes at home. I should call it “HOME FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE”.
Ingredients (Makes a batch of at least 12 cupcakes)
Flour – 125g
Butter – 200g
Sugar – 200g
Eggs – 200g(approximately 4 eggs)
Baking powder – 1tsp
Bicarbonate Soda – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate flavour – 1 tsp
A dash of brownie or brown colour
75g Cocoa powder
1. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy and butter turns white.
2. Seperate liquid ingredient from dry ingredient by sieving bicarbonate soda, and mixing it with flour, baking powder, and cocoa together in a bowl and egg, brownie and flavor in another bowl.
3. Add liquid and dry ingredients to the already creamed butter and sugar interchangeably (3 times) ie…add one part liquid, mix gently, one part dry/solid, mix gently, do this 3 times and be sure to end with flour.
4. Make sure it is properly mixed and place cupcake papers in their holders (cupcakes pans are N1000 for a pan of 12) or local cupcake holders at N50 per piece.
5. Pour batter in and bake in an oven of about 175c degrees (make sure you pre heat oven, it is better to turn the oven on while you mix)
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes and check by dipping a clean stake through one of the cupcakes. If it comes out clean, it is ready!
500g confectionary sugar (icing sugar)
Cream butter alone till it turn slightly white, then add icing sugar slowly with other ingredients and beat till smooth and design as you like on the cupcake.
So you see, it isn’t hard to prepare, is it?
Igwe Ola is the CEO Taste Royale Confectionaries. She can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org and 07060933590